White-haired monarch in too deepIdeally, the last couplet would be repeated forever. When I first started writing, I wasn't sure what it was about - essentially I was writing down random words that strung together as phrases and stanzas. Part way through writing the first stanza I figured out what I wanted this to be about and was able to go from there. I wonder if the theme is obvious.
Greyhounds run, don't fall asleep
Razor sharp, it's all a dream
Up until the red night beams
Oh dead look in your eyes
Oh not even sunrise
Moving parts, drawing blood
Bulls stampede and dance in mud
Razor sharp, don't you dare look
Up until the line is hooked
Oh dead look in your eyes
Oh not even sunrise
Light goes on for miles on end
It does not curve; it does not bend
Light goes on for miles on end
It does not curve; it does not bend
Friday, August 15, 2008
red night
My band was practicing the other day. Towards the end we sort of lost focus and trailed off into random jamming, as most bands probably do. Anyways, as the boys were mashing away at the drums, keys, and bass, I sat by the table with my notebook and pen and began to scribble some words down. After they had all left, I edited them and came up with this:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Beautiful
Post a Comment